PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what's happening at Azzurra?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2004, 06:08
Skunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeeee having idea of what's gona happen on summer 2004 is an utopia!!!!! they don't even know what will happen tomorrow!

At present time only one B737 is operating the scheduled flight BGY-FCO plus some charters (usually Marsa alam and Sharm-el-sheik).
This morning workers associations and management (all 7G now...) were discussing about the date they will pay our january salary........supposing to be on the value of 2nd of february, I really don't believe to see any money before the 10th of this month!
The 10th is also the ultimatum for 7G to give 16mil euros to recapitalize. Personally I never heard about Sobelair and Air Littoral seem to be out of question since last December!

A lot of different voices about the fleet (some say 737-800, someone else A320) seem to be only words to rise confusion.
Yesterday a crew sent to USA for A320 trainee was sent back and they went to UK (if I remember well) but also this course has been stopped and they came back to Italy!
Other voices say that azzurra will close for some months ...... don't know why, maybe just to wait Malta's entering EU...all this could be only a strategy!
About Azzurra UK I really don't know the exact position of the crew...I met some cabin crew few days ago at a medical test. What I think is that Azzurra UK will remain, will change name and will be the base for air Malta's low cost.

Anyway all these are only suppositions, you know......the less you work, the more you have time to think