PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All's fair in ATC training?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2004, 05:45
turn right heading

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott

Like the ideas there but we just don't have the valid controllers available to provide a more "personal" service which is a shame really.

I think that a lot of students have the idea that its a lot easier to bin people than give them another chance - maybe I'm wrong, but its the impression I get from them.

Also, there's a lot of emphasis on written exams. don't get me wrong, I believe fully in knowing the rules but do the word for word exams really test the knowledge of students? I don't think so, I remember learning the stuff required and forgetting it the next day, my mum compared it to being an actor - you learn the script for the play then forget it for the next one!! As it happened I had previous experiance in ATC but this in its self was a hindrance as I thought I knew it - I did, but not word for word. How many people have failed (especially ex Air Force/ATSA's) because they missed out a word here and there, but had the right answer? All at the expense of how long it takes to mark papers that have been written in your own words.

Anyway, time, I think, to get out of this one too.

TRH