PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Radio Dick: The Next Instalment
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2004, 04:21
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,

Looking at these postings and the way you conduct yourself here a number of points become evident.

Firstly you are a businessman - and a successful one at that.
Nobody has a gripe with that and good on you.
You are used to 'running the show' your own way so to speak.

As a consequence of the above you talk at people, you dont talk to them .
In other words you dont really listen to what others have to say, especially if it is in direct conflict to your beliefs.

Someone here mentioned your appearance to protect the NAS like a protective parent.

You may be passionate about this new NAS reform but the fact is that I have not met one transport/charter category pilot (ie: Professional Pilot) I know of that has applauded your baby here Dick.

Listen to the professional pilots, their associations as well as the Air Traffic Controllers that all think this isn't a good idea and has some serious flaws.
Listen to their inputs as to how this reform can be improved for the better and not just cast aside their opinions and recommendations.

Remember the Pope and Cardinals of the Catholic church a few hundred years ago jailing a great scientist for daring to suggest that the Earth actually rotated around the sun and that the Earth was not actually the centre of the universe?

Just who sounds like the Catholic church here Dick?

As soon as someone comes out in opposition to the NSA you seem to treat their comments with contempt, as though its heresy and like my nephews and nieces put there hands over their ears going "lah lah lah lah lah" so they dont hear the facts of reality.

Listen to people Dick, especially those pilots and controllers at the coal face that have to put up with a system which in my opinion and theirs, is a fundamentally flawed model.

It may work in the USA (even thats doubtful) where I can fly from Edwards AFB to Andrews AFB at 500' agl and get vectors the whole way under Primary radar coverage, but improving the risks of having passenger RPT jets/turboprops in direct conflict with light aircraft is a sad state of affairs.

Lets see what the crystal ball provides here Dick.
Your comments??