PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Technical Faults Cause Most Accidents
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2004, 04:01
Itlbefine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASHENG thanks for the support. I would have much more confidence in the system if the oral examinations were still in place as these would weed out those who have studied questions parrot fashion with the only intention of passing an exam, from those who have genuinely studied and had some practical training.

The plot thickens with the news that BA are in negotiations with the CAA to allow the granting of a full B1 licence without the need for even the multi choice examination, the criteria is still to be set but it is along the lines of hold AV extension and show that you can read and understand a wiring diagram !!!!

JET II I am making the assumption that you are a pilot, if not accept my apologies. I take it that you think then that given that most engeneers hold around 3 aircraft types on approval at any one time that the addition of another licence type on top of this is a good idea? This possibly equates to you flying one sector in an A320, the next sector in perhaps an RJ100 and a couple in a 757 and for good measure we will add a 5th sector as a No.1 Cabin crew. How does that sound, I deliberately didn't add a 6th sector as this would probably take you into discretion!