PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way Crew speak to their Crew Controllers
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 21:17
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in a position where i deal with Qantas crewing every day. I have never had any problems with them and are always more than helpful and friendly, my department has even been out for drinks to meet them rather than just talk to them on the phone. I did hear one morning though a CSM (Purser) was querying her pick up time from the hotel and something happened and all i remember hearing was the CSM saying to the girl at crewing, "there is no need to be rude, if i was three i'd slap you right now!" This is the one and only disgruntled time i've heard something like this happen, but generally everything is fine.

Nothing against Europe or anything like that, but i don't think i'd like to work for any airline in Europe/UK ever. There seems to be nothing but problems. We had an English show in Australia called "Mile High" based on an airline called "fresh Air", you've probably heard of it. To me, that and reality airport shows we've seen from the UK, the position of Flight Attendant seems to be shown as a job with no class. Not for me. But different situations suit different people.

Just my thoughts