PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK and French flights 'targets' [again] - BBC and CNN (merged)
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 12:28
AA SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny - yer second post is noted and will be obeyed. Please, would you note the THREE paragraphs in my post immediately below my comment on your first post - I did think those were dead-on the subject.

Still amazed at such a poor job we doing here about "trapping" the AQ types at the gate on suspect flights. But more than that, I strongly question the laxity we observe towards the "ground" folks, in all areas from the ramp rats to the caterers, etc. Easy enuf for them to plant a "bio" weapon on the plane. Easy enuf for an AQ operative to jump into the wheelwell of a plane at threshold "hold" and plant a "limpet" mine modified with a pressure trigger. In fact, our rules for "ground" simply suck, as proved by the "Red Team" from the Seals a few years ago. Heck, wasn't it this past year when a reporter from a UK newspaper/TV org. placed a piece of paper on an aircraft saying "bomb", and these folks were pure amatures!

We still have a long way to go to make flights really, meaningfully 'secure", and not just be "backside" cover for the politicians!