PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi-pilot helicopters?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 07:14
MD900 Explorer

Crazy Scandihooligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi Pilot Helo ATPL/H

For starters, anyone who does an atpl/h course must have an instructor.... ergo two pilot helo.....? (from ab initio) (Anyway, what is the difference between doing a cpl/h course and an atpl/ course, apart from in lasors, having to do different ****. Which flying schools offer this atpl course, and after having done all the frozen thoery, still makes you have the frozen atpl course. The CAA are a bunch of two faced so and so's)

What is a "really " multi pilot helo? .... Well in the UK anything IFR is a two pilot helo, so that is all from AS355, A109, AS365, AS332 etc (If you want it to be, but twins mainly).

i'm asking this, because, with this requirement of multi-pilot helicopter time , people don't know if the type's that have flown (as multi pilot operation) can count ...
If you have flown a twin, you would have known about it, most twin people have MCC and CRM and this would count..Whats the question Hours is hours without counting type ratings..!!

i'm asking this, because, with this requirement of multi-pilot helicopter time , people don't know if the type's that have flown (as multi pilot operation) can count ...
What are you saying, are helo pilots thick...? Are you saying therefore that a pilot would log BH06 time in the twin column? (Bristows IFR BH06 for example)

So, i put it to you linguists out there..?

MD