PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cockpit Visits
Thread: Cockpit Visits
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 05:19
Ropey Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man Flex,

Didn't think that pax/enthusiast would have much hope - but I'm definitely going for the hang around, ask nicely (while looking to see if crew are desperate to turn-around/get home) option.

Spearing Britney,

Unfortunately you are confirming what I had guessed.
Although I am a wannabee, I'm not just idly hours building over a few years - I've jumped ship and am completing a modular course 'full time'. About to start multi/CPL and was just hoping to see a really big aeroplane (my background is rotary) before I actually send my CV off to potential employers (to put a jump seat ride on the CV if nothing else ).

Also looking for advice on whether officially writing to companies (I'll have my CPL in my back pocket by the time it becomes an issue anyway - If I don't I'll have more pressing problems... ) would be:

a) A waste of time - no problem, I'm currently unemlpoyed anyway
b) Seen by potential employers as a good example of positive action and forward thinking by potential F/Os
c) Seen as annoying and a guarentee that a CV bearing the same name goes straight into 'File 13'.

I do realise that the chance of that working without it being 'sponsored' by a currently employed pilot is minimal, but just looking for opinions

PS. Just to be make my original post clearer to anyone who remembers pre- privatisation trains with the corridors down one side - "Lizzie's train set" was a reference to HM Forces, not British Rail!