PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 05:04
Woolf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bravo99

Unfortunately P2 time does not count towards P1 time at all. There is however the possibility of flying P1 under supervision which is kind of P1 but not quite. The rules regarding P1/US have changed recently and I am not sure what they are but I have heard that now this can only be done with a TRE (TRI?) - Anyone know more?

Even though the IR training school in Norwich is excellent it seems very unlikely that someone will pick up work from Bristows. As mentioned before this is only a single engine IR which practiacally is of no use. They also do a combined course which (I imagine) will be quite expensive. Cabair is OK but if you have no Twin Squirrel time it can be very difficult to achieve the results in the minimum hours. The R22 does help but once you are on the twin it all starts to happen very fast and you better try to keep up because every extra hour will be charged at £800+ !!!!

Although at the moment recruitment in the North Sea is almost non existent it has to be said that all operators (Bristow, CHC and Bond) do sponsored people for their IR's if required, so there is some hope there.

I'd probably go for the FI and keep my ear to the ground with regards to sponsored IR's but then again things always change.

Woolf

Last edited by Woolf; 3rd Feb 2004 at 05:15.