PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King crash - MoD response
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2004, 23:26
Roghead

Flytest
I think I understand from your posts that you have heard rumours from people various,who were in a better position to make personal and probably more informed assesments than the inane utterences of Ingram, and quite correctly do not wish to speculate on causes as you were not there. Furthermore I sense that you do not wish to prolong the anguish and grieving suffered by the friends and families of those lost.
My sincere condolences go to them.
However, the brief but to the point, rebuttal by Beags is likely to be echoed by many including myself.
We came from an age where we, predominantly, had faith in our senior military leaders, and a respect for their integrity and professional judgement (there were of course some exceptions and healthy cynisism was much alive ).Today, however, the balance seems to have slipt so far that cynisism appears to have virtually replaced faith and respect and this is decidedly unhealthy for the future of our outstanding armed forces.
The balance needs to be restored and IMHO the uninformed, and harmful comments by Political "organs" should be challenged at every oportunity; likewise the ineffective, "establishment" Officers who have unbelievably been promoted to too many of the senior appointments, should also be challenged by those now outside their slimy control.(Those within as well if they have the balls and finance to do so)
It is always regrettable that fatal accidents leave a sad trail behind them and many of us have been to that particular coal face too many times, but we should not close the door solely for the understandable sensitivities of the families left behind.
As one very good friend and sudden widow once said to me "I hope he didn't cock-up but I do need to know"