PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silk Air
Thread: Silk Air
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2004, 23:02
oicur12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Millerscourt,

Don’t give MI too much credit. They couldn’t “design” a way of pulling piss out of a shoe with instructions. They offer low wages because they think they are savvy businessmen and it saves them a couple of dollars in the short term.

Kaptin,

I have never yet forked out school fees – it makes a big difference in SIN. I would not want to be an FO in Silk with mouths to feed and educate. Burger flipping in Oz would be preferable. No Local nosh for me lah – too many good restaurants serving real food.

Highcirrus,

Some of the muddle headed people you refer to are keen on MI because they are currently being paid LESS, have no chance of command and live in a wonderful location known as Taipei. Or some may be sick of not seeing the family and don’t really want to live in Vietnam by themselves. I know some who are just trying to get a job closer to home than Luton. And it’s warmer and probably nicer in SIN too. Financially, KA is a better package, but not everyone wants to live in the rather un-fragrant harbor. Some don’t necessarily gear their lives to revolve around the almighty dollar. Most importantly, few actually have a choice – you can’t just ring the folks in Dragonairhouse and say, “I’m ready, when should I arrive”.

I sound vaguely like someone defending Silkair and that troubles me but in the real world, everyone has different priorities.