PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruiting Strikes Again
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2004, 17:06
Curved Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmm, everyone has a view on this and im sure no-one will budge on what they think! so im not going to enter into the argument on this topic........i do wanna say:

Farcome,

My thoughts on QF recruiting:

Whenever you let psychologists near recruiting processes it is inevitable that there will be some very peculiar candidates that will get through.
Baahahahahahha, and before i say anything im not a psychologist!!!

In recruitment processes in general (not specific to any company or airline ) there are numerous processes which are undertaken. The first one being tests designed by who else but psychologists. Im not gonna say much about the initial maths, spatial, verbal reasoning etc etc tests as these are fairly simple and self explanatory and i admit a cheap method of illiminating candidates (whilst effective with a standard set not that high and fairly attainable, as personality plays a part in the selection) The actual psych tests are formulated and refined by the experts. They are impossible to fudge and turn out in a way that you are not as it will show up that you are fudging; this is done quite simply by having a control type question in there which most of the population would answer one way but if you are being dodgy and trying to control your outcome it will show up. Enough of this anyway, psych testing is accurate and highly effective.

Having only skimmed the thread i dont want to comment on the main topic. But not passing skills or psych can be for any number of reasons from trying to appear a certain way in a test or just not the personality thye are looking for or simply not reaching the bench mark in reasoning tests or a combination of them all.

sure............................i dont know any of you and dont wish to offend anyone, so if something i said doesnt make sense or im just talking crap just bag me oh and, we will never understand recruiting processes as we are not privvey to there intricicies (sp?)..........