PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Radio Dick: The Next Instalment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2004, 09:48
Shitsu-Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK! Now I get it.

The whole point of your post is that you have an axe to grind with the ATSB.

You obviously are not happy with the fact that LT was delcared an airprox? How close do you want them to get before it qualifies? If it makes you happier I would say that a fair swag of the examples you quoted OCTA prob qualify for airprox too.

This is really a case of playing the man not the ball - the problem isn't that ATSB or whoever don't like you Dick - it's that they don't like your system. Along with the majority of airspace users, air traffic controllers, CASA FOI's etc.

Do you think maybe that many people might actually have a point?

Let me tell you about your theory of putting air traffic controllers concentration closer to the airport - since NAS I can tell you (as a fact) that some air traffic controllers attention is now diverted away from the airport because aircraft need RAS on 1200 VFR on descent where airspae transitions from E to C. Instead of concentrating on the sequence and separating dep with arr with the appropriate level of attention, they are providing suggested headings to inbound aircraft who don't like what their TCAS is telling them - or providing vectors off standard routes to provide desc and climb clear of E airspace all together. Any idea what all this does for enhancing safety?

ATSB don't give you the answer you want: solution - discredit the ATSB.

Do that somewhere else - we are not that stupid.