PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blair, Hoon et al didn't lie. They honestly believed the dossier.
Old 2nd Feb 2004, 02:55
Captain Gadget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko

First, let me state that I fully accept the outcome of the Hutton Inquiry. Hutton's qualifications are impeccable, he is the umpire (ref for you footy types) and his decision is final. As a gentleman player of the game, I respect his decision and will not dispute it.

As I walk back to the pavilion, however, bat under arm, I have to say that I wish that messrs Dyke, Davies and Gilligan were running our Armed Forces (in stark contrast to Day, Wratten et al) and that messrs Blair, Hoon and Campbell had just been forced to resign from the BBC. (I can say this because I am no longer a public servant, and because I am therefore now entitled to express an opinion - and about time that I did).

It was all so unnecessary, anyway. Iraq had manifestly failed to comply with the terms of the 1991 ceasefire, and therefore a re-commencement of hostilities would have been justified at any time. There was no need for all this WMD bolleaux (unless, of course, it was necessary to justify war in a hurry because Dubya was determined anyway to finish what his Daddy started - use it or lose it).

Tony (if you PPRuNe), I think this may yet come and bite you in the arse. If it does, no arse-biting will ever have been better deserved.

Dr Kelly was betrayed. He was a good man who undoubtedly made mistakes (don't we all?), but the way in which he was driven to his death, and the way in which his death was (and, more importantly was not) investigated betrayed him further. May his soul rest in peace.

Tony, enjoy your moment of glory, for it will not last.

Lord Hutton, retire now, before you hurt yourself.

Gadget

Last edited by Captain Gadget; 2nd Feb 2004 at 04:59.