PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mra4?
Thread: Mra4?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2004, 01:34
maniac55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MR2 with MRA4 kit, err NO!

I've heard this great idea about putting the MRA4 mission kit into the MR2 before but there's one tiny problem, it can't be done.

Unless of course you strip the MR2 down to the bare fuselage, replace the wings and engines........err hang on this sounds familiar.

The biggest mistake they made with MRA4 was to use any part of the current 'Rod. You just know that some scrot of a bean counter trying to save a couple of million quid would have been involved in that thought process. Using the MR2 fuselage has caused so many problems and knackers any real potential for an export market.

Having only escaped ISK less than a year ago I know how much the MR2 needs to be replaced and if the MRA4 was scrapped what else is there? What would be the time frame for a replacement a/c then? MRA4 has to, and in my eyes will, work.

MMA has already been delayed and the front runner, 737, is 2 engines short of the required minimum IMHO.

Though I do agree with some of the comments about BWoS, some of their work ethics and intransigent mind-sets has my blood boiling on occasion.

Still could be worse.....

PS
E3D do the job of a 'Rod, I expect such comments from punters at airshows who know F' All, M2 you should know better.