PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Destinations north of Florida
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2004, 20:36
IDGing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just come back from 2 weeks of flying around Florida, had a fantastic time.
Places I would recommend to the north of the state are Cedar Key, atmospheric place to visit and look around. The taxi from the airport is worth the visit alone, Judy the taxi driver listens to the Unicom and comes down to the airport in a very old checker cab. The place was very busy last Thursday with around 8 aircraft on the small pan by lunch time. If you want to night stop I would recommend the Island Hotel for a very atmospheric stay, its supposed to be haunted and the Captains Table for lunch or dinner.

On the East coast Space Coast Executive (Titusville) is very close to the Cape which is worth a visit by itself. For lunch go to the Outer Marker diner, all the menu items have aviation related names.

Further north is St Augustine, the oldest inhabited town in the state, very pretty and good food although didn’t get the chance to stay overnight.

Ocala is worth a stop to see the jockeys lining the path to the FBO and yes it has a diner but unfortunately it was closed when we visited.

Enjoy your visit, I got the impression that no matter were you go its great fun!

Can't wait to go back