PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL vs Modular full time (vs part time)
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2024, 09:50
Fiskardo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone, I'm leaning more towards modular now and doing at least the first bit part time. I want to be strategic with how I use my annual leave and when to take a sabbatical or quit and go full time. I've drawn up a rough plan:

1. Class 1 Medical
2. While working full time, study for the PPL exams on evenings and weekends and get these all done before flying. Then take a few weeks of annual leave during a summer and start flying. Then night rating.
3. Take an 8-10 month sabbatical from work to study ATPL theory full time (is it worth doing both CAA and EASA? I only have the right to live and work in the UK but I think RyanAir requires EASA too)
4. Return to work and hour build on weekends and during annual leave (e.g. go to Florida/Arizona for a few weeks)
5. Go part time at work (e.g. 3 days a week) and do IMC->CBIR->MEP->MEIR->CPL in that order to save costs as suggested. I'd quit my job at some point in this process as it sounds like IR and CPL are better done full-time.

Does this make sense? Appreciate any suggestions on how to improve this, like if I should hour build before the ATPLs, or skip going part time and just go straight into the IMC full time after hour building etc.