PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas SH EBA negotiations
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2024, 02:07
transition_alt

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
You are missing the part where pilots will get paid for reserves for the first time in SH, pattern protection 48hrs out, minimum duty hour payment, increased MGH, minimum credits for AV day roster changes.
All those changes will put dollars in pilots pockets and the company aren’t giving them up because they have had a change of heart.
AFAP can request whatever they want but if they can’t negotiate it into an offer from the company then it is just empty words.
May I also remind you that the company haven’t agreed to any of those items mentioned.

Here’s what I’m not understanding and this is where I personally feel the unions need to tread carefully.
An increase in MGH is good. But no one has mentioned the pay scales.

The EBA states the pay tables are for 53:24 of work in 28 days. Anything above is the standard hourly rate.
Nothing has been discussed as to how the pay clause is going to be changed. Are they going to directly change 53:24 to 60 (for example)? This will result in an effective pay cut for more minimum work.

Any increase in MGH must result in an increase in base pay. But as AIPA has it, there’ll be more flying being done, for less pay AND a 2 year pay freeze…