PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI MPL Cadet Programme Jan 2024
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2024, 13:08
FLYhigh129

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOPS
Firstly, I think they should get a move on and be more transparent to why there is a delay - Speedbird has just emailed candidates advising them of a delay owing to the time taking to review. That stops the rumour mill and more so the internal over thinking and rumination to why I haven't heard back yet! Human beings need either closure, or some information as we assume and generalise otherwise.

Secondly, back to your post - If I was on the assessment/recruitment/training team, I would want to go through the sim check, assessment day and also all of the tests beforehand (so everything in its entirety). I'd weight them all, enter the scores and totals will pop out at the end of a spreadsheet. That's the more robust and thorough way to evaluate candidates (be it a pilot academy or any other position in an organisation).

As you said, some may have had a great interview and that could be weighted quite high as that's very important to them, something like the verbal test or the group discussion may less important (not to say they don't matter, but slightly less so compared to the interview) and if someone scored low on those, then as the weighting is low, it's not so bad. Where as scoring low on a high weighted assessment is more impactful. So pick out the important elements and score them accordingly.

As no one knows the delay, and as said we start to fill the gaps so I'll chuck in my wild ideas - they could be as crazy as they could be discussing having only 2 cohorts and thus they need to finalise that position first, which would obviously impact the 50. Or, on a more positive guess, they could increase to 4 cohorts so while they finalise the budgets, business case and approvals, they have to hold on as that would mean only 2 candidates get the 'hard luck' email.

So we'll continue to speculate and for those waiting, another 4 weeks or so of nail biting and hopefully not, sleepless nights.

Best of luck to those waiting and those who were unsuccessful, practice and research more, and keep trying!

I like your positive theory of potentially increasing the cohort size to 4 hahaha, that would be ideal!

It just seems interesting that last years candidates heard as little as 1 week after completing the sim assessment - this would indicate that something potentially important is holding up the process!

I guess we will find out sooner or later - all the best to everyone