PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL to file Chapter 11 this week.....
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2002, 17:15
spudskier

fish

polzin --

Something similar happened to me. I was on my was from Salt Lake City to Wilmington , NC(ILM). I got stuck in Chicago as usual for storms, but these were really bad. I was supposed to have a direct flight to ILM... they canceled it 4 hours after it was supposed to leave. being innovative I went to a gate at the other end of the terminal (united terminal) where there were two gate agents that had just finished loading a different plane and seeing it off.

I asked if it was possible if not to get to ILM, to get me closer... sure enough there was a flight to Dulles (D.C.) leaving at midnight and they put me on it. the itinerary I had said I would get a connecting flight to ILM. Right..... like you'd think, ILM is very small, Class D I believe, possibly class c but I think it's too small? No flight that night and the flight to Dulles didn't leave until 1:30am after the storms moved out.

United paid for a stay at the Dulles airport Hilton (normally $250/night) a taxi ride to and from, and breakfast. plus got me on a noon flight the next morning to finish the trip. THat's why I'm loyal, they treated me well.