PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK travel
Thread: UK travel
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2004, 20:23
soddim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I am feeling my age but I too feel incredibly frustrated at how this once great UK of ours has become a third rate country. Thankfully we still have lots of first rate people living and working in UK but why do they put up with the mediocrity of expensive public services?

I often think too many of us suffer in silence and give too little thought and attention to the need to tell people in public life exactly what we think. Too many people no longer vote or play any part in trying to improve services and too many of us accept shoddy work. How many times in a restaurant do you overhear people criticising the food or the service and then, when asked by the staff if everything is OK, they say "Yes, thankyou."

I used to enjoy travelling but now it is so boring to drive to the airport through interminable delays only to spend almost as long at the airport as it used to take to do the whole journey. Our speed cameras have merely served to slow everybody down - we need to speed up again in all respects.