PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2024, 17:11
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
I am not surprised by this announcement whatsoever. A decision I was half expecting, and it makes perfect sense for Jetblue to go seasonal at LGW and concentrate operations at LHR.

With competition from British Airways, Delta and Norse on the LGW to JFK route it makes me wonder whether STN would have been a better option for Jetblue.
I agree with you my friend- hardly surprising, although at the same time, I'm gutted as well. At least they haven't cut LGW completely though. I too agree that they should have taken a look at STN - which could have made more sense for them (in addition to LHR). STN currently has no scheduled services to the US, the most recent of which ceased in October 2018 when Primera Air went bust. Perhaps they may take a look at STN ops when more A321-NEO deliveries start arriving?

We are now almost halfway through the year, and LGW has had several airline successes so far. I for one am very excited to see the inaugural SQ service to Singapore next month. Although Lufthansa are leaving (2nd time now) and Aer Lingus are no longer serving LGW. I wonder who we can expect next, both on the short and long haul front?