PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bbc2 Thurs
Thread: Bbc2 Thurs
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2004, 18:19
JDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I make a few remarks?

OK then.

I don't have a TV (to the amamazement of the Licencing bods) and it's interesting that though there are more aviation progs apearing on it, none of the comments posted on this forum (and others) have so far made me feel I'm missing anything much.

I don't like Clarkson, but I can't comment on the prog or his (specific) performance, so I won't. However, from the other occasions I have been exposed to his 'skills' he is clearly someone who has a reputation for being a wit by being rude. Very easy, very good TV, very light, worth missing (IMHO).

However, Airbedane saying he's like a fighter pilot is interesting, as while that may be true, that don't make him any good with words. I find many drivers, airframe like artists (or indeed footballers) - fun to see what they do, but frankly unable to articulate anything worthwhile about it. There are, of course, exceptions, but pilots generally are bad pundits, as are artists and footballers in my experience. (Perhaps a good teddy containing debate from some drivers here?)

Bad lectures don't excuse TV light. I'm intelligent enough to expect to be streched as well as entertained, and frankly it rarely happens. When I eat, I don't want baby pap or fast food because it's 'what most people will like' and I expect, but don't often get the same from the entertainment media.

Just my 2d!

BTW, when are you pommy xenophobes going to decide if you are British or English? And If English, I'll leave it to your celtic fringe to point out what they've achieved aeronautically!

Comments?

Last edited by JDK; 31st Jan 2004 at 20:14.