PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corendon Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2024, 11:25
Boeing322

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toerist
I fly for Corendon Europe (CXI). The german bases are DUS, CGN, HAJ and NUE. Be aware that if you want a german base you will most likely need to sign a german contract. This is a new thing in the company and causes some uncertainty. The net salary should be approx similar to the maltese contract. The main difference is however that you will need to arrange your own accomodation, you receive an allowance for this. In the maltese contract accomodation is arranged for you.

The salary consists of basic pay and flight pay. Taxation in Malta is very low (careful with tax rules in your home country). As an example I had one month with 0 hours and I had just over 3000EUR. I am a FO one the second payscale. Expect to fly about 40 hours in winter, 80+ in summer. Also in the winter we are doing wetlease ops in India which is quite lucrative.

Overall, the company has its flaws, every airline has them. Atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed. Money is very decent. On the maltese contract everything is arranged and paid for. You can try to contact me on DM if you have specific questions.
Thanks for the info.

I have a few more questions on Corendon: on average, how many nights a month do you spend away from your preferred base (apart from the wetlease in India ofcourse)?

On top of that, if you have a look at their pdf-file with information on a german contract: as F/O in the third payscale (+1300hrs) you’ll earn 6900EUR base + 40EUR/flight hour. Let’s say 70hrs on average = 2800EUR. This adds up to almost 10k a month. Let’s assume, with German tax rates, you take home 6000EUR. That’s way more than European competitors. What is the catch here? How come they always seem to be looking for pilots? Is it in the flexibility they require?

Thanks for your time and have a nice weekend.