PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 10th May 2024, 09:10
MickG0105

Received 233 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by nomess
While May is often quieter, those numbers you quote are unacceptable, ...
Agreed, and agreed. May certainly is typically one of the three quieter months of the year, but it is never grave yard quiet (except for 2020, there was something in the air that year, as I recall).

While I don’t doubt your numbers, ...
I constantly entertain the notion that I may be mistaken so I'd invite others to do the same.

... having a brief look, currently 8 aircraft in the air, loads vary but averaged out at 43%.
I am seeing pretty much the same thing, and on a Friday! As of 7pm, they haven't pushed back a SYD-MEL or MEL-SYD flight today that has been even half full.

The obvious concern is costs are increasing but loads are trending backwards. That’s generally the moment in time when people start getting sacked and new minds come in. The really strange thing with this operator, is they just appear to be sitting back and doing not much at all. ...
Yep, they appear to be taking the approach usually adopted by people who have no idea - hope and prayers.
​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​