PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2024, 23:29
Worriedabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUI & applying for ryanair

Hello everyone!

I am just wondering about Ryanair’s recruitment process and if they are running a background check on applicants? I mean, a background check that include criminal background checks aswell? I know that the applicant should apply for a criminal background check from every country they have been living for more than 6 months, but is this the only thing they are checking or are they running another check by them self aswell?

When I was 19, I got caught of reckless driving and a DUI. These both happend the same time, so I got convicted just one time in the court. I still regret this, and I am not proud of this at all..However, my criminal record will be ”clean” in the beginning of 2026 and was thinking to apply for cabin crew when my record is fine.

I am still worried about my past, and wondering if Ryanair is running these criminal background checks that goes atleast 10 years back in time? Do anyone know something about this? Also, would it be smart to disclouse the conviction or only if they are asking? I don’t really know what to do and I am really sad because it is my dream to become a cabin crew…🥹 I already sent email to Ryanair’s recruitment agency but haven’t got an answer..I asked them about their policies and if the DUI will disqualify me for even applying…

I feel that there is no hope for me, but I would appriciate any answers regarding this! Thank you and hope you are having a nice week!