PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK travel
Thread: UK travel
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2004, 15:20
longstay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry UK travel

In the past few years i have driven across europe at 90 mph all day long, i get back to the uk and stuck in a traffic jam within 5 minutes, endless cones with no workers ! speed camera's speed camera's and more speed camera's.

I have travelled through the channel tunnel on a train that cruises across france at 186 mph but that within 2 miles of entering the uk bit ground to a halt for 40 minutes because it was a shift change and there were no workers !

I have just returned from U.S were they are having real weather and sat on a taxiway for 1hr 20 mins at heathrow because of a bit of snow ! - a further wait of 40 mins while they found the steps.

Is this going somewhere ? mmmmmm !

yesterday on 5 live i heard a labour politician in west midlands ranting on about how it was racist that we arn't teaching children about foreign history in the national curriculum
i.e the history of mathamatics in india !!! and how a school in north manchester is trying to change it's name to the local public house !! (white bear)

Manchester airport on the news again last night, how great it is that they have a new rail terminal !
How great it isn't that you can't see the stand docking system (read blackboard with a stip light on it) when you park !

this govenment have their priorities all wrong and It's about time this country got its act together and stopped farting about.