PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL to file Chapter 11 this week.....
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2002, 09:23
polzin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Spuds.......... born in Ohio , wished i lived in Idaho except for one exception,... Willie runs. He lives there BECAUSE there is nothing for children to do. Spuds....... forgive.... I want to tell you an experience on United, not mine because im biased. Im going to ignore ALL english rules because its a long story and Im a lazy sob. Buddy of mine is flying Detroit to Denver and switch airplanes and go to Los . . Angelos. Flight is late arriving in Detroit and he asks the ticket agent at the gate if there will be a problem on the connection in Denver because he can stay in Detroit and go the next day, its no problem because the comany is paying the bill. Twice he asked this question. No problem . We will hold the flight in Denver so you will make the connection. Upon arrival in Denver they were told to go directly to gate number ....?.. and get on their connecting flight. upon arrival at the departure gate they were told that the flight had departed 45 minutes earlier. Their bags would be available in a few mintues at that gate. They waited 30 minutes and questioned where their bags were and were notified that they had been sent to the baggage claim area. my buddy then asked what hotel reservations had been made for them. Was told none. He said it was not a big deal for him because his company was paying for his hotel but he was curious why United was not paying for the hotel. It was a weather delay. I have forgot what they call this but basicly its Gods fault and we are not responsible Whoa he said . In Detroit the weather was fantastic at least 30 miles visibility and when we landed in Denver vis was at lest 75 miles. So how could it be a weather delay? Well it seems that 2 landings before they arrived in Detroit there had been some bad weather that caused the delay. Here is the kicker.! Next to my buddy was a woman who had two children . One about 4 and the other a baby. At 1030 at night she was on her own to get a hotel room , pay for it , get to it after collecting her baggage , and wake up early enough to arrive for the first flight out at 630 in the morning.

Think about it mate....... 3 hours sleep?maybe?. .If you are lucky enough not to have any horror stories about United .............. can you please tell me what you think the stock market is going to do?

When I moved to Denver in 1952 ther were 2 large airlines ,UAL an CAL. Can You tell me ONE innovation for passengers that United invented? Just one. Then I will tell you about CAL. Beware of Willie!!