PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Logging EASA IFR PIC and Cross country under FAA
Old 7th May 2024, 17:31
MojoATPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
While technically a different route, the process is virtually identical. TIP-L allows you to take the Skill test with no training and without the 50 hours IFRPIC if you have demonstrated the TK via exams. If you haven't done the TK exams, you need 50 hours IFRPIC exactly like CBIR.

Also, annoyingly it's an EU-FAA agreement, so not all EASA licences are eligible for conversion.

Yeh I dont think the IR or CPL theoretical exams are gonna be required for me since I intend to pass the mighty ATPL 13 subjects before I initiate the process.
Also the TIP agreement state that converting an MEP IR, gives you the privileges of both SEP IR and MEP IR, more than one ATO are quoting me two different conversion processes. so its going to be interesting shopping around for an ATO that will not to try retrain me. I am planning to start my conversion after I have already had 500 hours hoping most of which will be IR cross country, planning to take my multi at the end so I can take it back to back with the conversion so I dont get rusty on the Multi Engine stuff.