PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Logging EASA IFR PIC and Cross country under FAA
Old 7th May 2024, 14:31
MojoATPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by awair
There is a lot of misconception here, but it is possible to meet both FAA & EASA requirements at the same time.

As an FAA IR holder, you should fly an IFR cross-country under the hood, with a safety pilot, with you acting as PIC. You can then log IFR, Instrument & PIC.

The safety pilot can also log SIC, as a required crew member, under 91.109(c) & 61.51(f).
I dont think EASA is concerned what the safety pilot or instructor write in their logs under FAA lol, I am not being sarcastic but from my comms with Czech CAA, the only thing they seem to care about are two things
1-Rules the flight is conducted under
2-Who is the sole manipulator of the flight control.

The only exception to the rule if you are logging PIC as a CFI instrument, because then although the student is flying, you are in control of what the student is inputting which makes you the PIC of the flight, that is also thrown in my initial post which is an excerpt from Czech CAA, and I am btw very content for their correspondence, I haven't seen such diligence and professionalism from any other EASA member who always throw me back to the ATO.