PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training & Flying in America: Visa information
Old 31st Jan 2004, 13:03
1skydive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be off topic slightly and indeed may need to be moved to the wananbe's section. However, in talking about HAI, I have to admit, there seems to be very few schools that I have seen no negative comments posted on this and other forums and HAI is one of those schools. I plan to visit them in the next month or so.

But my question is this, most schools use the R22 primarily as their training helicopter and although HAI have these available, it seems they use the Schweizer for their FAA and CAA/JAA primary training aircraft. Now, as we know, in the US, the vast majority of low time heli pilots get jobs as instructors. Therefore wouldn't the R22 be a better aircraft to train in as the majority of jobs would be for R22 instructors? How do you feel about this limiting the available jobs for graduates to schools who use the Schweizer (assuming that HAI doesn't employ you). And with the 200 hour minimum in the R22 you cant just do a conversion to the Robbie and start instructing. Curious to what you all think.

Thanks.