PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates-2
Thread: Emirates-2
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2024, 13:33
azz767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN
With Emirates announcing Edinburgh as one of their first A350 routes I wonder what other opportunities there may be in the UK?

I'm thinking Bristol in particular but not sure an A350 would still be the right equipment and whether that could happen once their 787's arrive perhaps?

Could other airports maybe see some A380/B777 rotations replaced with A350/B787s in the future, but perhaps with additional frequency?

There's also the 777X on the way too eventually. I would guess that non A380 capable airports where Emirates would ideally like to fly them, and indeed some current A380 services will most likely see these as a future replacement.
I can see a 4th daily MAN once they move into the soon to be extended T2. Probably a 77W for added freight capability.

BRS is probably the only other real ‘hole’ in the UK network, but would it hamper BHX loads?

I could also see NCL maybe going double daily on a smaller a/c when they come online replacing the 77W. Giving more options on another bank of connections