PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2024, 23:26
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
• The immigration/arrivals hall is supposedly being relocated to the lower level, but where exactly is this? (STN’s terminal is single level only, so where is the space that consists of this “lower level” to be able to accommodate the new immigration hall). I’m assuming it’ll (hopefully) be bigger than the current facility?
I believe this would be entirely within the new 3-bay extension to the rear of the building.

Regarding Satellites I have largely the same observations, see my previous post above.

The other point as well is whether anything will happen within the existing IDL layout, particularly duty free and the yellow brick road of retail that follows. Both are congested now and surely more space will be needed here before reaching the extended area after it.

It's certainly looking that keeping security where it used to be many years ago in the central area of the Terminal may have worked out better in the long run. In that case, shoreline check-in could be extended even further, make way for a bigger landside arrival area and check-in would flow seamlessly into security and into departures, much like the T2 or T5 design at LHR. Might've been a good time to do that with the new security technology coming in if things got into action sooner.