PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVDATA landing fees - automatic from CTAF calls?
Old 5th May 2024, 02:32
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
Thread dredge.

I received a landing fee for an airport that I did not land at.

What I did do, was file a flight plan to that airport, but landed elsewhere. I didn't go within 20 miles of said airport.

This leads me to realise that AirServices are providing AvData with flight plan information, or they are somehow scraping it from Flight Radar 24.

I thought that Avdata had to collect their information from other sources, such as radio calls, ARO, ADSB or cameras.

Does anyone know if there's an agreement between ASA and AVData for this?
They certainly do collect data from ASA (no idea how that's legal, but IANAL) - they've confirmed that in writing to me recently when I challenged them on fraudulent landing fees - which they have refused to remove from my latest invoice, BTW...

Interesting that they readily admit they cannot confirm the charges, yet invoice you for them anyway - and then expect us to tell them that they've got it wrong. So even if you put a plan in for tomorrow to YXYZ but the weather's iffy and you leave the plane in the hangar, AvData's still going to invoice you for that landing at YXYX (and any AD's you had on your plan as waypoints and overflew, too)