PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2024, 17:56
Climb150

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapt320
Ah, a perfectionist, I see. I appreciate all your suggestions, and an extra thanks for the knowledge I lacked about them operating ANA flights. You can do better than warn me, good Sir; guide me on what my other options are.

I have 6000 total and 3000 PIC on the A320, with a U.K. passport and an ICAO license. Where can I take this and go directly to a Wide-Body aircraft, enjoying 12+2 days off a month? Money not an issue. I'm fine with narrow body too , if i can get 15 on 15 off .
​​​​​​
I don't think a 12+2 or 15/15 exists anywhere atm other than corporate. You may find some airlines saying they do but once you start, it's usually a fantasy.

The Chinese used to offer reverse bases in LHR, FRA etc but they were always "full" when you finished training. Korean Air offered a commuting contract but would fail more than 40% of new joiners and after training would fire anyone at the drop of a hat. Lion Air and Garuda used to offer a "Bali" base that actually never existed.

I was hired once by a cargo operator in Malaysia promising 20/10 roster. That lasted 1 month and turned into 50/10. The only promises they delivered was my pay.

Nothing is as it seems.