PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Aviation DHC6 accident??
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2004, 06:56
splatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHAGGS

Thanks for the info, more details are now coming available and yes we are all thankfull no one was injured of killed.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, and obviously yours of "Regional Air, in my view, would have to be one of the most proffesional third level airline operators in PNG, if not anywhere" is one that needs to be respected.

I would point out however that there are many other opinions out there. You simply would have to ask any one of the half dozen pilots that have left the Australian or New Caledonia Operations over the past 12months for theirs.

In my opinion there are some professional aspects, the aircraft equipment for 1. But if you talk professionalism and a safety culture, it takes a lot more than one or two areas. Just think of the swiss cheese model in accident prevention.

Obviously, I am not going to defame the organisation or make any aspurtions on the crew involved as I am unaware of the specific details and certainly that is not my place to do such things. Also, clearly there are different expectations as to what professionalism is and this would obviously be influenced by experience and exposure to different operations. But I can tell you there are many opinions that vary from yours, and with just cause.

Cheers

Splatman