PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices CEO, Jason Harfield, stepping down
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:13
missy

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Another couple of articles.

Government offloads Airservices boss

Board praises current CEO
ASA declined to comment on the circumstances of Mr Harfield’s departure but said he was finishing his role in line with his contract.

“The Board and I are grateful for Jason’s leadership, deep knowledge of, and passion for the organisation and the role Airservices plays in the industry,” ASA chairman John Webber said in a statement provided to Government News.

Jason Harfield to leave Airservices

He was appointed Acting CEO after the departure of Margaret Staib, and was promoted to the role full-time in 2016.

Harfield's appointment was immediately controversial as he embarked on the Accelerate program, which was designed to cut costs at Airservices. The program returned $177 million to the government, but cost 900 jobs.

Originally Posted by chopper.blade
Time to get rid of the whole board and a few of his mates at the top who have been making AsA the worst place to work for years due to the ignorant, stubborn, micro-management of a place that once had a great culture. The culture has been toxic for years. Don't blame the air traffic controllers for the poor service we get as pilots, blame the CEO and the former ATC mates he surrounded himself with at the top. It won't get better until they are all gone.
A CEO who budgeted over $100mil in 2016 to get rid of staff with his Harvard Business School Chaotic restructure that hasn't stopped. Break it first and see what needs fixing. What a moronic idea. Try that in an aircraft. His next big idea was to get rid of some more staff with the Retirement Incentive Scheme (RIS) and spending 10s of millions more to do it out of government funding that was meant to keep staff. He admitted he new he'd loose 10 percent more but had no plan to replace them. Now when the aviation economy wants to soar, there's a staff shortage that will be years away from ending. Now I'm told the company is bleeding millions on overtime just to keep airspace open. I've been told of ATCs with over 500 hours of overtime. How is that safe for us and the travelling public?
There should also be an enquiry into the CMATS system; How it was sourced and purchased. Who did AsA contract/employ to source the new system. I'm happy to stand corrected, but wasn't it a subsidiary company of Thales? The company that was awarded the contract. Where there's smoke there's fire I say.
For the next company he takes on as CEO, good luck to you.
Enquiry into CMATS? Perhaps one for the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

Last edited by missy; 3rd May 2024 at 15:19. Reason: punctuation
The following 2 users liked this post by missy: