PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:19
Rivet Joint

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mudcity
Titan A321 tomorrow 1610 / 1740 STN / BRU charter
Looks to be their A321 Neo. Be interesting to know how many it is able to carry from SOU.

Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Having flown both, I don't think that's an advantage - and you get a Tunnocks's!
The offer of Tunnocks was a good move from Logan. Many have a weakness for those, including me

Originally Posted by Albert Hall
The point I was making is that it isn't all sweetness, light and low fares. They're just as able to charge high fares as any other airline - and with a monopoly on SOU/GLA from next week, are taking the opportunity. They are a business at the end of the day, so why wouldn't you. But SOU is also a business and I'd wager that the airport's income is lower from 1 x A320 carrying the same number of passengers as 4 x Embraers, so hardly helping profitability.
Good point in respect of less flights meaning less landing fees. The increase in passenger numbers and spends in the shops, car parking should make up for that though. Plus as another poster has said a larger portfolio of routes are an option with Easy unlike with a regional like Logan. Except for the the few airports that are lucky to have a diverse revenue stream or luck with being near oil fields etc, the way to break even today if you are predominantly a commercial ops airport is to have a low cost carrier. There are no regionals of sufficient scale to prop up airports like Flybe use to.