PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Logging EASA IFR PIC and Cross country under FAA
Old 2nd May 2024, 16:45
MojoATPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
Doesn't the regulation for CBIR state 50 hours as PIC under IFR? I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about IMC or simulated instrument flight.

'Hood time' with a CFI or safety pilot is what you need to get the rating. The rating allows you to log PIC, so we're talking about the next 50 hours.
so EASA wants you to log pretty much solo time, from my understanding. I have seen post where people used their time with a CFII ( dual received) as pic but EASA I think only accepts that if the CFII doesn’t log dual given. I think it’s also the same area of confusion faa pilot come across when trying to document their Ifr and Cpl cross country combined. From the Czech interpretation above, I can only log instrument if I am pic under a flight plan or if I becomes an instructor.

Donno of Austro control will accept my time with CFII onboard as pic I am waiting for them to reply. But this is exactly why it’s wise to maintain two logbooks, my EASA logbook will not have any simulated instrument because it is not even recognized as previously mentioned