PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blair, Hoon et al didn't lie. They honestly believed the dossier.
Old 31st Jan 2004, 04:54
Maple 01

TAC Int Bloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's worth ten of you, Nick........
Oh look, a Journo at it again, we've never met but you know me better than myself...did I mention the arrogance of the press?

and even the bad ones are more trustworthy than Tony and his gang of amoral lying rogues.
Better yet, another journo with an agenda.

people from the Int community
Can’t be the same community I inhabit then can it? I mean, having doubts about the quality of some of the sources used obviously supports the argument that the government lied in your world?

and almost any independent minded person with a brain have expressed similar doubts.
So anyone that doesn’t see it your way is unthinking and brainless? ...Did I mention the arrogance of the press?

and what he said is still substantially correct.
So why does Hutton say

*Andrew Gilligan's report that Downing Street "probably knew" the 45-minute claim in its Iraq dossier was wrong was a grave allegation and attacked the integrity of the government and the Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC)
*Whether or not that source was subsequently shown to be unreliable, the central allegation made by Andrew Gilligan in his BBC report was unfounded
What part of 'wrong' don't you understand? Even

**Mr Gilligan conceded some of his story was wrong, and apologised for it.
Is it the fact that a section of the news media has finally been made acountable for its 'mistakes' that you find Hutton do offensive?

(*Huton quoted on BBC website)
(** BBC website)

Last edited by Maple 01; 31st Jan 2004 at 05:08.