PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Roadshow Australia
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2024, 02:22
Gnadenburg

Received 97 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by corporal klinger
Gnadenburg,

I am not selling CX. I am just saying a lot of people have no better alternatives. And you are right,the handling of Dragon was appaling.
I was referring to the ex-KA pilot, now CX manager, at the roadshow. No ill-feelings but if you had any close friends or colleagues at KA, it would take considerable showmanship to sell this deal.

The misery at CX for many is very real. I’ve been taken back by the level it seems to have reached. I’ve witnessed chat groups and meeting folks in person, it’s quite sad. I bumped into a few 777 guys and they were complaining about only getting 8 days off. This doesn’t sound right but that’s one of many gripes they had.

CX is no longer the golden hand-cuffs of old, however many pilots still seem to be hand-cuffed in a misery that no longer pays. This is the fate of a lot of pilots in our industry and generally they live in their home countries surrounded by friends and family. Hating your job isn’t uncommon, but hating Hong Kong as well and not being afforded a lifestyle will take its toll. Take a closer look at the options out there. Throw in bad health or a failed marriage and this whole CX debacle could ruin your life completely.