PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best choice for my next step
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2024, 13:35
Potatos_69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP
Have a look again at the pension. Wizz pay in a max of £110/month through auto-enrolment. That’s regardless of who you are and what you do. BAEF does indeed pay over 7x for a day 1 FO than Wizz do for your year 12 Captain. The PP21 shorthaul captain you speak of by all accounts is getting about 20x that into their pension each year from the company. That is a truly staggering difference.

To ignore that, that’s before allowances etc, is extremely shortsighted.

This all assumes of course the publicly available and anecdotal information about Wizz and BA’s pensions are accurate. Though given BA’s payscales are public (ish) and I’ve never seen anything to the contrary about Wizz, I think it’s fairly accurate.

Let me reclarify.

im looking at the BAEF MOA + Payrise info. I’m looking at our mainline pay calculator for the new pay rise. I’m looking at the Wizzair pay info.

BAEF and WUK I haven’t included the pensions because I’m not sure if the WUK has improved it. But excluding the pension, you make significantly more money, much faster there than you do at euroflyer. Mainline is different, and is still one of the best places to be in the UK (low seniority command isn’t great which is why they have trouble filling it due to terrible lifestyle losses at the bottom of seniority). Yes the pension is far superior, but in EF case the salary still sucks for the similar workload you have compared to Wizzair doing 850+ hours a year.

again, I’m not recommending Wizz as it’s a terrible place to work unless it’s your first job and you need to get some experience before you can move to BA, J2, EZY, virgin etc. I’m just saying that EF specifically has a poor deal compared to its competitors in the UK market, and therefor shouldn’t be an automatic second place to Mainline BA.