PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2024, 08:31
JM926

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Busdriver01
Can we please, please, please, stop wrapping pension figures into the headline number when talking about salary? It has never ever been done like that, but suddenly balpa at at least two airlines I know of have decided it's a good idea to do so, I presume in an attempt to make the 'salary' look bigger than it actually is to sell the deal. Pension is incredibly important, of course, but I know of absolutely no-one else (non flying, city job friends etc) that would respon when asked 'how much do you earn' with a number that included their pension.

completely agree. Guys I know were up in arms when they read the EZY deal which was published a short while ago-saying how we needed a much better pay rise. Sure, everyone wants more money, who doesn’t, but they didn’t seem to grasp that the only reason they were so up in arms was that the FY24 salary in ezy included the company pension contribution. To compare apples with apples you’d need to add on our company pension contribution to our salary. Why you’d ever do that is beyond me!