PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best choice for my next step
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2024, 06:27
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Potatos_69
The people doing 1-2 years at LGW were mostly guys forced from mainline coming back. It seems to be quite rare now for EF people to come to LHR considering how short staffed they are.

its about 3-4x more into their pension than Wizz (FO-TCP all receive the same (although they might have fixed this now so it’s uncapped) unless they sal sacrifice to get the higher match (which should be done)

BAEF is the same as Wizz, they want you doing as close to 900 as possible, so work life balance is just as bad, if not worse as you can get a fixed roster with Wizz at least.

For reference, it will take you 22 years as a SH captain at BA Mainline to match PP11 at Wizz (with current pay deals as reference). BAEF will will match Wizz captains first year after being there for 12 years. Regarding FO, you will be on 85-90k at Wizz within 2-3 years depending on how much you fly. That takes 7 years at EF. (This is including their pay rises)

this is in no way me recommending Wizz, my only recommendation is to leave them asap, however it does show how bad the conditions at EF are, even after their new pay deal.

The only benefit EF has is your MSL number, which is a useful thing, but is it worth an unknown amount of years being stuck on some of the worst conditions in the UK (especially if you are 30+ where you won’t be reaching top pay points until the very end of your career)
Have a look again at the pension. Wizz pay in a max of £110/month through auto-enrolment. That’s regardless of who you are and what you do. BAEF does indeed pay over 7x for a day 1 FO than Wizz do for your year 12 Captain. The PP21 shorthaul captain you speak of by all accounts is getting about 20x that into their pension each year from the company. That is a truly staggering difference.

To ignore that, that’s before allowances etc, is extremely shortsighted.

This all assumes of course the publicly available and anecdotal information about Wizz and BA’s pensions are accurate. Though given BA’s payscales are public (ish) and I’ve never seen anything to the contrary about Wizz, I think it’s fairly accurate.