PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2024, 21:13
KoalaKandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RingleRider
A friend of mine got the following email after failing the checking test:

“You have been identified by our systems team as somebody who completed the Checking test with a system error in recording your score. Only a small number of candidates have been impacted by this and all impacted candidates have been contacted. As a result, we are reinstating your assessment. We apologise for any confusion caused.”

apparently everyone effected has been contacted, so check your emails if you failed the checking test.
Perhaps a useful data point for those wondering why they got rejected. I also got the same email above last night - was very happy to be given another chance after getting the automatic 11am rejection on my checking test. Completed the test last night with 2 minutes to spare this time, very confident of my answers (different questions, btw!).

No automatic email this morning which was great news.

But have just been rejected this evening, looking like the same time as everyone else. Although what I've noticed from the original checking test failure rejection email and this one - the language is different (the other one specifically thanks me for completing the test and saying they won't proceed), but this one just says they won't be taking the application further. This one is also signed off by a named individual, whereas the other one was just 'The Recruitment Team'.

So I'd hazard a guess, that I passed the checking, but likewise with everyone else who didn't get the automatic rejection email post-checking exam, weren't strong enough at a CV/Personal Statement stage to continue to the PA exam. A big shame, but hey! We can only but keep trying!!