PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas SH EBA negotiations
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2024, 13:01
Beer Baron

Received 163 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by walesregent
We’ll probably have to settle on disagreeing here. I believe that if we had taken their offer, along with their very finest side letter/wages policy work around (which, incidentally, is not something they offered during negotiations), we’d be haemorrhaging staff out of every orifice even more so than we currently are because it would have been so far south of market rates.
Fair enough, we don’t need to agree on everything, I think you’ve got a pretty measured view on most of these issues.
I do question though when you say NAA weren’t offered a wage policy work around. I understood that the first 2 years of the voted on EA had a wage freeze but from Oct ‘22 to Oct ‘23 pilots were to receive a roughly 10% pay rise. (Have I got that right?) That seems like a pretty good way of taking a wage freeze but not really taking one.

Now I’m not suggesting the EA was good and should have been voted up, but in terms of how to deal with the wage freeze, I think your reps negotiated a pretty bloody good “work around”.