PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using "old" hours for LAPL
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2024, 09:35
PropGun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using "old" hours for LAPL

I'm British, and a UK resident. Back in 2005 I did a lads' holiday to the US where after a week's instruction and 17 hours I went solo in an N registered PA28. It was an Anglo American Aviation, Gillespie Field (KSEE) in San Diego. It's all there in my logbook, signed by the instructor (who was a Brit), along with my pre-solo certificate and FAA medical. However, back in the UK I never really did anything with it, as what limited flying I did was from the right hand seat of a mate's aircraft.

Fast forward to now, in 2024, and I am doing my LAPL. (I chose LAPL because it is marginally cheaper and quicker to get, and will probably be perfectly adequate for my realistic leisure aviation goals for a few years, and nothing to do with the medical, I'm fit and healthy). I have now gone solo (C152) after 6 "new" hours.

I do not for one second want to cut any corners, and I want to be the best and safest pilot I can be. However, if it does get to the point that I am ready for my skills test before I've flown another 24 hours on top of the "new" 6, is there any way that I can use any of those "old" US hours from 2005 towards the 30 minimum I need before doing my ST?

I've heard conflicting info ranging from "hours don't expire" to "US hours in an N registered aircraft don't count". A definitive answer would be great!

Thanks in advance