PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas SH EBA negotiations
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2024, 07:37
walesregent

Received 239 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by soseg

So here is a serious question to all SH and LH pilots reading this forum: what’s it matter if the pay freeze is officially broken or if it’s just “worked around” and still applicable on paper for QF IR to boast about? If you get your big pay rise but they carefully hide it by altering pay scales, years of service, sliding figures around etc, and short term and long term you stand to be no worse off, then what do you care?
Im neither of those things but, belonging to a group who has recently ‘stuck it’ to IR, I feel somewhat qualified to answer. I don’t begrudge anyone from seeking the best deal for their work group but accepting a work around deal that enables the sh*tful destructive bargaining tactics of IR is in no way equal to forcing them to write a deal that breaks the wages policy into a contract. One results in kicking the can down the road and other work groups to face exactly the same tactics we’ve all grown to hate, the other sets a useful precedent and possibly results in a meaningful purge in IR. I get that not every battle can be fought but this is probably the best opportunity to kill the hydra that has arisen in a long time.
The following users liked this post: