PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training progression in the line
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2024, 06:35
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twinotterifr
Flying the line for over a year now, what should I be focusing on now to improve as a first officer (a320). Do I just continue reading the manuals until the end of time? Every flight do I just try to keep focusing on the captain's decisions and understanding the thought processes behind them to get better operationally? would these two things prepare me for command upgrade eventually?

Given the average hours which im flying each month in my airlines' operation, the last thing i'd want to do is anything aviation related to be brutally honest, but a job is a job.
Option C - Chill out, look out the window and enjoy doing very little.

You spent a couple of years training where there is always that next step, you never got to just enjoy yourself without any pressure. The time for that is now.

You could learn the inner frequencies of hydraulic return valves, or you could not. Makes absolutely no difference to your day to day operation.

Not advocating being completely lazy, but perhaps just a bit. You’ll burn yourself out otherwise and for no benefit. You’re years off command anyway.