PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2024, 17:49
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
The usual suspects having a field day I see. I have repeatedly posted stats that prove the Belfast city route hasn’t been affected by Easy’s new route to the other Belfast airport. In fact the city route grew. Logan are clearly going through a difficult patch with losing pilots and availability of ATR parts, new planes. Also the sale of the business hanging over their heads. The CEO that left recently could obviously see what was on the horizon. None of this has anything to do with SOU or Easy. The fact they still operate 145s when no other big operator in Europe does was always a red flag.

Most importantly, let’s approach this factually. The loss of Logan on the Glasgow route means only a loss of 147 passengers. Hardly the end of the world. I still feel like there is a place for Logan operating one super early and one late night flight to cater for people after a full day either end. But I also can see Easy doing two daily flights. Perhaps a based aircraft could fly down from Glasgow in the morning do a few routes from SOU and then fly back up to Glasgow in the evening.
This from the man who got his arse handed to him on the Loganair thread for an angry rant about he can't comprehend Loganair and they're doomed to failure for abandoning Southampton for "barren Scottish islands". What you're continually ignoring after having it spelled out to you, is SOU can have one of two things on a route.
1) High frequency, higher cost on a turboprop or an ERJ
2) High volume, low cost, poor frequency on an A320 series

With a SOU sized market, there's no room for both. No point raging at Loganair when they do exactly what they were expected to do to survive.